I. General Description
- Help fulfill the mission of 1st Baptist Church Meridianville (FBCM) to make disciples who are transformed by the gospel, connected in Biblical community and living out God’s mission in the community and world.
- Guide the members in creating, managing and helping execute the missions of our church. Preach and teach the Word, lead public worship services, administer the ordinances, and lead the congregation in a practical Christian life.
II. Essential Competencies and Skills
- Communication Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills
- A Passion for Discipleship: Must possess a clear conviction that all God’s people are to be disciples sent to make disciples.
- A Passion for Missions: Must have a missionary heart that believes that Jesus is the only answer to the brokenness of the world. Must have the ability to equip others to share their faith.
- A Team Player: Maintain a humble spirit and commitment to teamwork with other pastors, staff and church family.
- Trust and Confidentiality: Maintains appropriate discretion and confidentiality regarding personal information of the people of FBCM.
III. Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectation:
- Teaching and Preaching:
- Preach and teach the Word, lead public worship services, administer the ordinances, and lead the congregation in a practical Christian life.
- Lead or participate in one or more Bible Study or Small Group.
- Participate in weekly pastoral staff meetings.
- Lead the church staff, provide counsel, encouragement, and Christian discipline so as to assist the accomplishment of objectives for each staff member. All church staff members are responsible to the Senior Pastor either directly or through another staff member as he directs.
- Pastoral Duties:
- Weekly preaching
- Counseling on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct weddings as requested.
- Conduct funerals as needed.
- Hospital visitation & home visitations.
- Become and remain a member in good standing of FBCM.
- Provide creativity to envision new possibilities for the ministry of FBCM.
- Cast and communicate a compelling and clear vision for FBCM.
- Be a healing presence in conflicted relationships both personal and corporate.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- An inherent grace orientation in their relationship to God and other people.
- Energy and passion in ministry.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by Biblical principles.
- Evidence of spiritual fruit in his life.
- A strong encourager and lover of people.